Thursday, March 24, 2011

   These are deeply rooted questions in my heart and they surface at the end of every painting. These are the questions I shall be asking in my efforts to get a semblance of the nature of Art. They are my criteria to knowing why I seek a particular form of beauty; almost as if, and I sometime feel this, the particular form of beauty I hope to discover will be of the self. I couldn’t wish for more. There is a principal desire behind it, accompanied by the fear I will remain forever incomplete without it. At times I feel I have misplaced the idea of union with Art, in the end realizing I have been going down the wrong path. I feel a spiritual force I can’t understand working through me for the purpose of self reflection.
   A voice inside me says, ‘with hold back nothing and do what must be done’. But at any cost? I wonder. There is a great rush of wind in my mind circumnavigating the world. It pushes aside everything it confronts. It is furious for change, for events and circumstances. The most fascinating thing in this Odyssean pursuit is the event; the realization that becoming an artist and producing art isn’t even the goal. All focus lies in the spirit of the event; the motions of the psyche learning with the artist for the artist and that without him nothing can be fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment